29 Aug How To Keep Up With Marketing Trends in 2023
In a world dominated by rapid technological advancements, marketing is an arena that’s perpetually in flux. And sometimes it can be difficult to keep up with marketing trends. Old-school marketing techniques can often seem dwarfed in the dazzling light of influencer marketing, the emerging creator economy, and a ceaseless rollout of novel social media platforms.
But what if the secret sauce to mastering modern marketing lies in synergizing the tried-and-tested with the new?
Here’s a deep dive into strategies that can guide marketers to sail smoothly in these challenging waters:
1. View the World Through the Lens of a Creator
Understanding the platform as a creator can drastically alter the way you approach marketing strategies.
Why adopt a creator’s viewpoint?
The digital age has witnessed the meteoric rise of content creators. From YouTube stars to Instagram influencers, these are the individuals who are at the frontline of the digital revolution. By morphing into a creator, even momentarily, marketers can gain a fresh perspective that can be transformative.
- Deep Dive into Advanced Tools and Analytics: Platforms, including the TikTok Creativity Program, are goldmines of advanced tools and analytics. While they’re tailor-made for creators, they offer a plethora of insights that can be instrumental for marketers. Understanding these tools is akin to getting a peek into what resonates with the audience and what doesn’t.
- Monetization Models and Their Evolution: The digital realm has witnessed a spectrum of monetization models. From ad revenues and sponsored content to affiliate marketing, there’s a world to explore. These platforms often provide a microcosm of these revenue streams, aiding in understanding what’s lucrative and what’s passé.
- The Constraints: Not every marketer will have access to the sanctum sanctorum of these platforms due to constraints like followers and view counts. However, one needn’t be disheartened. The digital realm is democratic, and there are myriad features available for everyone—from the fledgling creator to the everyday user.
- Collaborating with Creators: An innovative approach is to onboard seasoned creators for consultancy. Their hands-on experience can be the bridge between brands and their audience, providing invaluable insights into crafting strategies that resonate.
2. Harness the Power of Guides for Efficient Research
Streamlined, data-backed information can be your compass in the vast sea of marketing trends. In a deluge of data and updates, pinpoint precision is what’s needed. Comprehensive digital guides can be the North Star for marketers, guiding them through treacherous terrains.
- The Efficiency of Curated Knowledge: Daily, hundreds of articles, news pieces, and whitepapers are churned out. Sifting through this mountain can be daunting. Digital guides, backed by in-depth research and data, offer a distilled version of what’s relevant.
- The Blueprint of Setting Priorities: Before plunging into these guides, one must have clarity. What exactly are you searching for? Broad industry trends? Nuances of a specific platform? Setting these targets can streamline the research process.
- Trusted Sources: Resources like The Influencer Marketing Factory’s 2023 Creator Economy Report offer a panoramic view of the existing landscape. Pair these annual or biannual reports with consistent blog posts and articles from credible sources to stay abreast of the micro developments.
3. Know When to Step Back
Sometimes, less is more. In the age of information overload, knowing when to take a pause can make all the difference.
- Overwhelm is Real: Recollect the buzz when Threads was launched or when Twitter underwent its rebranding to X. Updates were rapid-fire, leaving even seasoned marketers dazed. Such moments call for a tactical retreat.
- Curated Digests: Instead of the incessant pressure to keep up-to-date in real-time, opt for a more relaxed approach. Bookmark pertinent articles, save insightful news pieces, and review them at set intervals. A weekly review, for instance, can offer a structured, unhurried approach to assimilate information.
4. Returning to the Roots
While it’s crucial to be forward-looking, occasionally, it pays to look back.
- Revisiting Marketing Fundamentals: The principles of marketing, from understanding the audience to crafting compelling narratives, remain consistent. It’s the tools and platforms that change. By grounding strategies in these core principles, marketers can create campaigns that are timeless yet contemporary.
- Leveraging Traditional Media: In the excitement around digital platforms, traditional media often gets sidelined. Yet, they remain powerful tools. Radio, print, and television have a vast reach and can be synergized with digital campaigns for a holistic strategy.
The world of marketing might be evolving, but the core principles remain unchanged. By combining a creator’s perspective, utilizing well-researched guides, and knowing when to take a breather, you can stay ahead of the curve. Remember, in a world obsessed with the “new,” sometimes revisiting the basics with a fresh perspective can lead to the most innovative solutions.